In this article, we describe how to use background edit function on Haas CNC Machines.
Background edit lets you edit a program while a program runs. If you edit the active
program, background edit creates a copy of the program until you overwrite the active
program, save the edited program as a new program, or discard the program. The changes
you make do not affect the program while it runs.
- Press [PROGRAM] or [MEMORY] to exit background edit.
- You cannot use [CYCLE START] during a background edit session. If the running
program contains a programmed stop, you must exit background edit before you can
use [CYCLE START] to continue the program.
You may be interested also ”
1. To edit the active program, press [EDIT] while the program runs.
A copy of the active program appears in the PROGRAM GENERATION pane on the
right-hand side of the screen.
2. To edit a different program while the active program runs:
a. Press [LIST PROGRAM].
b. Select the program that you want to edit.
c. Press [ALTER].
The program appears in the PROGRAM GENERATION pane on the right-hand side of
3. Edit the program.
4. The changes that you make to the active program do not affect the program while it
5. If you background edit the active program, after the program finishes running, when
you attempt to leave the screen, a popup gives the option to overwrite the program
or discard your changes.
- Pick the first item, Overwrite After End of Program, in the popup and press
[ENTER] to overwrite the active program with your changes.
- Pick the second item, Discard Changes, in the popup and press [ENTER] to
discard all of your changes.