The difference between laser cutting machine and plasma cutting is mainly in cutting thickness and running cost.
The surface of plasma cutting is rough, cutting thick plates has advantages and low price, the surface of laser cutting is smooth, and the plasma is rough, and it is necessary to send someone to repair the burrs. The laser cutting surface is smooth, the compensation is small, the precision is high, and it is slightly more expensive. In terms of cost, plasma is about 1/3 cheaper than laser.
What is the difference between a laser cutting machine and a plasma cutting machine?
The disadvantage of plasma is that the width of the slit is about 3 mm, and the important component of plasma is the power supply, which is equivalent to the laser of a laser cutting machine. The power consumption of plasma is quite high, and the common spare parts such as nozzles for electrode protection are also quite expensive, especially the electrode drilling is very expensive.
The laser cutting machine uses a high power density laser beam to scan the surface of the material, heats the material to several thousand to tens of thousands of degrees Celsius in a short period of time, melts or vaporizes the material, and then blows the melted or vaporized material away with high-pressure gas. slits, so as to achieve the purpose of cutting materials. In laser cutting, since the invisible beam replaces the traditional mechanical knife, the mechanical part of the laser head of the laser cutting machine has no contact with the workpiece, and the working surface will not be scratched during work; the laser cutting speed is fast, the incision is smooth and flat, and generally no subsequent processing is required. ;Small cutting heat affected zone, small plate deformation, narrow cutting seam (0.1mm ~ 0.3mm); no mechanical stress and shear burr in the incision; high machining accuracy, good repeatability, and no damage to the surface of the material; CNC programming can process any scheme , Large width cutting the whole board, saving time and economy.
The detailed difference between laser cutting machine and plasma cutting machine:
1. Compared with plasma cutting, laser cutting precision is much higher, the heat affected zone is much smaller, and the cutting seam is much smaller;
2. If you want to have a small cutting seam, a small heat-affected zone, and a small deformation of the sheet, it is recommended to choose a laser cutting machine;
3. Plasma cutting uses compressed air as the working gas, high temperature and high speed plasma arc as the heat source, partially melts the cut metal, and at the same time blows the melted metal away with high-speed airflow to form cutting;
4. The heat-affected zone of plasma cutting is relatively large, and the cutting seam is relatively wide, which is not suitable for cutting thin plates, because the plates will be deformed by heat;
5. The price of laser cutting machine is a little more expensive than plasma cutting machine;